On March 14, the Government of Ukraine, with the support of the GEIPP Ukraine project funded by the Government of Switzerland (SECO), adopted Decree No. 221-p “On Approval of the Government’s Priority Action Plan for 2023”. The decree addresses the eco-industrial park concept implementation by amending the related laws as one of the priority actions for Ukraine in 2023.
Among the expected results of the implementation of the eco-industrial park model, the following were defined:
- the introduction of the principles of sustainable development, approaches of circular economy, resource efficient and cleaner production within the framework of industrial parks;
- reducing the negative impact caused by environmental pollution;
- improving the efficiency of the use of resources and waste, in particular, by creating closed cycles of their use and industrial symbiosis;
- increasing the energy generation from renewable sources;
- improving the quality of the social component both within parks and beyond, in particular on a local and regional scale, improving the quality of management at the park level.